[Healeys] Headlamp switch

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 06:40:04 MDT 2015

Not a bad idea, but not sure it's necessary.  My BJ8 has almost 190K
miles and the only switch that has ever failed--I've owned the car since
64K miles--was the O/D switch (once, and not surprising, as it gets used
the most).  The O/D relay can be problematic, but there's no practical
way to service it (you can carefully open up the box and file the points
in a pinch, but doubt you could do it more than a couple times without
breaking some of the tangs that hold the cover).

One switch and one relay failure in 190K miles; dang that Lucas stuff is
terrible.