[Healeys] Worst car etc.

Peter Svilans peter.svilans at rogers.com
Wed Nov 25 07:11:58 MST 2015

Bruce

I was curator of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum for thirteen years www.microcarmuseum.com (click Virtual Tour), during which time we travelled around Europe collecting unusual small cars from small ads and relics stored in barns. We acquired the Hoffmann in the mid-nineties in its present condition as part of a container full. It had been offered for sale by the panelbeater who had just restored it (it was red originally) and had acquired it from the original constructor, Mr. Hoffmann. See my writeup here :
http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/hoffmann.html

 It was truly a horrible, horrible vehicle, the builder having got all basic design principles wrong.  But you have to give him credit for a whole lot of hutzpah in saying "to hell with everybody, I'm doing what I want !" Kind of like the Nasty Boyz (Healey content).

It went to the Lane Museum when the entire Weiner Museum was sold off at the RM Auction in February 2013.

Best
Peter