[Healeys] FW: Side exhaust idea

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 10:02:25 MST 2015

With reference to the noise factor, I don’t notice it. Maybe it’s a reasonably effective silencer. First of its kind? Maybe I’m as deaf in my left ear as I am in my right.

One difference – and all to the good – we have a lot of roads down here with stone walls on either side. Kind of like a “Dry stone wall” but with earth behind them. Anyhow, I’ve got a couple of favourites where, revs up, the back echo makes the car sound like a low flying Spitfire.

I suppose it helps having the driver’s seat on the opposite side from the exhaust, just as nature intended!

Simon