[Healeys] FW: Side exhaust idea

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:41:06 MST 2015

When I was in college I had a BN7 that had a side exhaust and I liked how
cool was the growl of the exhaust and visible flashes from the tailpipe on
downshifting.  Way Cool...  So about ten years ago I decided to put a
side-pipe on the 100.

It was no difficult deal and I simply got a piece of pipe bent with the
right sweep and cut to length with an appropriate angle at the tip which
just cleared the left rear tire.  I instantly gained a bit more ground
clearance in the back and the sound and light show was about as I
remembered from my younger day

Then I took a couple of days' road trip and I found that the exhaust noise
simply wore me out and at the end of the day my already-diminished hearing
was about non-existent.

So when I got home I removed the short pipe and reinstalled the
original--and there it sits

I don't know if I have grown up or simply grown old but sometimes cool is
not the same as it once was.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk