[Healeys] OT: Axle Jacking

Chris Masucci cmmasucci at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:20:18 MST 2015

Hi Bob,
If you're talking about a standard 8.8" rear, not independent suspension, then it's fine. The axle tubes aren't as thin as you may think.  They are almost 1/4" thick tubing. I jack my 1991 Crown Vic police car the same way and it has the same 8.8" rear and weighs 1000 lbs more. I would recommend welding the axle tubes to the center if you ever plan to drag race with slicks though :)

Chris