[Healeys] OT: Axle Jacking

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 18:35:37 MST 2015

Thought about posting this to shop-talk, but I suspect there's more
general car knowledge here.

I believe my Mustang manual has admonitions against jacking the rear by
placing a floor jack under the rear pumpkin.  I've jacked-up Healeys
this way for years, but the Healey axle housing is a single chunk of
iron; the Mustang probably has thin-wall tubes from the pumpkin to the
wheels.  Theoretically, you could bend the thin-wall tubes, but I've
done it a few times with no noticeable issues.

Thoughts from the Illuminati?

Bob