[Healeys] Side Vents

Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:40:43 MST 2015

Listers -

I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders. I am on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south west Florida).

I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and side panels - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge blower in the fresh air line with mixed success. I'm probably going to seal off the fresh air intake from engine heat, which should help. I disconnected the hot water hoses from the heater.

Now I'm wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from the engine compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?  I like the looks but wouldn't do this if I don't get a good deal of heat reduction in the cockpit.

For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heat difference?  Was it worth the expense?

Thank you very much for your input.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

Sent from my iPhone