[Healeys] MGB GT V8

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri May 29 09:51:27 MDT 2015

Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here goes........

There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a regular one years
ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked like a
sports car but didn't really behave like one.

But a V8 would be a different story?

1)      Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, but
most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?

2)      The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn't that the one that TVR bore out to
4.6?

Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if sufficiently
tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different engine?

I think it's the same engine that Rover used to put in their cars. Police
3.5s went like rockets considering the cars' weight.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks,

Simon