[Healeys] Felt or No Felt

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat May 23 16:38:34 MDT 2015

G'day

I went to fit the steering box/shaft to the BN3 yesterday and had a sudden
recollection that there should be something between the square plate that
screws on to the firewall and the firewall itself. That's the metal plate
that has a round hole through which the shaft passes through and is also
fitted with a rubber grommet. There is another plate without the hole on the
passenger side.

Should there be a felt ring between the plate and firewall or am I confusing
it with the felt ring that's behind the fresh air duct inlet?

The BN3 has an early 100 chassis, but it should be the same for all.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia