[Healeys] Speaker selection - kick panel/headlight bucket

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu May 21 13:22:58 MDT 2015

Make sure they are compatible with the radio you are going to install.
The impedance is usually 4 or 8 Ohms. Also do not use a 100W speaker on
a period radio that will have an output of about 5W. Get a radio with FM
(available since the 50's) and DIN input socket so you can play your
smartphone, I-phone, I-pod, I-pad, MP3 player etc. If you really want to
add a touch of style fit a gramophone player.

Check the polarity of the radio. Most are - earth only, very few are +
earth only but there are also radio's that can switch polarity, ITT
Schaub Lorenz, Blaupunkt, Philips and quite a few Japanese radio's.

Kees Oudesluijs