[Healeys] Dynamat

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Fri May 15 15:15:00 MDT 2015

Hi Guys, I'm interested in others opinions of Dynamat insulation. I
tried it in my V8 powered Vanguard ute, and found it to be totally
useless as a heat insulator. In fact the where the exhaust ran under the
floor with about 3 inches clearance you could literally fry an egg on
the silver surface of the dynamat after an hours driving. It worked
great as a sound insulation material and dramatically reduced the noise
in the ute's small cabin. What have others found with using it? Any
better alternatives?
Regards
Larry Varley