[Healeys] brake squeal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed May 6 23:26:03 MDT 2015

Brake squeal is mysterious; no hard-and-fast causes and solutions.
Supposedly, it's due to 'vibration;' I think it's due to evil spirits in
the pads and rotors.  Will say I have never had it on my BJ8 with a
couple different sets of rotors and pads; it appears the shims do the job.

There is a specific procedure for breaking in new pads; it consists of
hard stops from increasing speeds with a cooling-off period in between.
You might try that to see what happens.

Bob