[Healeys] Question on pulley/belt configuration for air conditioning

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Mon May 4 18:07:41 MDT 2015

Hi Lin, I prefer the second system. In the first you would have very little contact on the water pump pulley if the tensioner was not there. I always aim for as much contact area with the pulleys as possible, as it will reduce the possibility of slip. The last engine I did was more like the second image with the alternator driven by the second compressor groove. The car has had regular use for the last 5 years with no problems.

Cheers

Larry Varley