[Healeys] BJ8 rebush costs

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat May 2 20:52:50 MDT 2015

Hi Mitch,
I used to have a warranty flat rate book for BJ8s but we used to find that
the times quoted were very tight which was probably reasonable considering
that the book was intended for use on cars that were less than 12 months
old.
With the age of these cars now and taking into consideration the amount of
time that needs to be devoted to cleaning parts, repairing damaged parts,
fixing threads etc, etc I think that you would be hard pressed to find
someone who would do the job for a "flat rate".
I know that I have spent over an hour just getting an air cleaner of an HD
8 when the weld nut came loose from the filter. I could have got it off
quite quickly by chopping up the filter but it was an original and I really
hate doing that.
My guess would be 4 hours if everything goes perfectly and up to 8 hours if
problems are encountered.
Just my 2c worth.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*