[Healeys] bronze valve guides

healeymanjim healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Mon Mar 30 20:29:05 MDT 2015

I have had bronze valve guides in since 1997 with never a problem, but the machinist who redid my engine had done a few healeys before and might have been aware of this and took corrective action.  I helped a club member pull his bj8 head about 8 years ago and he had bronze valve guides put in, which immediately started to bind when the engine started to warm up.  we had to pull the head again and take it to the machinist who reamed it out larger.  one valve still tried to bind up, but eventually worked ok.  seems to be a question of clearances.