[Healeys] valve guides

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:01:45 MDT 2015

Hi Raymond,
The factory specification calls for 0.0025 to 0.0015 clearance for the
inlets and 0.002 to 0.001 clearance for the exhausts if you are using cast
iron guides however if you are using bronze THAT WILL NOT WORK!!!
To be safe with bronze guides you will have to hog them out to about 0.006"
clearance..which means there is really no point in replacing them.
I would point you to this article <http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=384>
on my blog...been there done that...

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*