[Healeys] Interesting Healey

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 20 21:49:04 MDT 2015

G’day Alan

You would have read my note about this car.

I said:

I have seen that car before. It does have some provenance and as it says the car was at the Austin Experimental Workshop sometime in the mid-1950s. As it's known there are a number of six-cylinder prototypes - BN3/1 which is my car, BN3/4 which is in the Healey Museum, all of which gives rise to the question as to what happened to BN3/2 and BN3/3. Now there is OAC 1 that is the six-cylinder coupe and this car. Were they provided with the BN3 model number? Honestly don't know, but what I do know is that both BN3/1 and BN3/4 did not end up with the Austin Experimental Workshop so they (Austin) must have done their modifications on something and this could be it. As to the vents I honestly can't see any design connection with the discrete vents along the flank of the Silverstone as they are completely different - they really are more Buick. Best wishes Patrick Quinn

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia