[Healeys] New Tyres

Wilko2 e-wilkins at cox.net
Sun Mar 15 22:58:54 MDT 2015

Opinions aside, Science proves over and over that on a WET TEST, performance will always be better with the new tires on the back. Period. It's not even close.

Other conditions may have different results such as dry performance, or blowout control where there may be conditions that would favor a new tire in front.

Can anyone show any evidence to the contrary? empirical data? Anything besides an anecdote?

Similar arguments about seat belts make me laugh when that one guy always says something like "I'd rather be thrown clear" even though all evidence points to the obvious benefits wearing the belt.