[Healeys] Water Pump

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Mar 6 01:25:51 MST 2015

I would imagine that if you have access to a lathe it should not be to
difficult to make up a shaft that will fit a sealed needle/roller
bearing (pulley side) and a ball bearing (vane side) if both vane and
pulley are in serviceable condition. The seal is not really difficult to
replace even when the outside diameter is a bit smaller one can always
fit a thin wall bush.
You can even fit a grease nipple in the pump housing between the two
bearings but you have to remove the bearing seals on the inside. I did
so on a water pump of a daily driver Jensen Healey in the late 70's. The
internal diameter of the needle bearing ring was slightly smaller than
the internal diameter of the pulley so I had to make an extra bush to
press on the shaft on which I could press the pulley, but it all worked
well and lasted until the car was taken of the road about 60.000mls later.

Kees Oudesluijs