[Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:08:55 MST 2015

Actually Jean that is probably a very good case in point.
Although I have sold quite a few of the horn rims
<http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=1335> I am far from my target of
recovering my costs for the whole project .
In an effort to recover some of those costs I have offered those rims to a
number of the usual suspects at discounts of up to 50% (making their actual
cost lower than what I paid for them) if they were to purchase sufficient
quantities.
To date they have, without exception, rejected my offer and I find that
very revealing.
I would have thought that close to a 100% mark up on cost would have been a
reasonable margin, I know that if I had been able to achieve that when I
had my parts business I would have been elated.
Perhaps the ultra cheap, rubbish components that we have become accustomed
to purchasing have given many of us a misguided impression of what quality
parts are actually worth and therefore when somebody actually goes to the
effort of reproducing something accurately they are very likely to "loose
their shirt".
Michael S
BN1 #174
<http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=1335>

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*