[Healeys] Steering Box and Wire Wheel Questions--BJ8

Rfbegani rfbegani at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 15 18:17:19 MDT 2015

Mike

While I am not as experienced regarding restoring and repairing Healeys as you and so many on this list when I reviewed the features and benefits mentioned in the tech spec and saw they were using thixotropic and polymeric properties I was convinced they were able to improve on classic  lube mixes because solder and thread compounds paste type products I sold to industry for many years used such technology.  They were created by a u of Chicago phd. As you all will see if you look at the video in a semi liquid state sticks to the gear surfaces when lube is needed If my steering box becomes a leaker will try JD grease first before disassembly.

Regards

Bob Begani

Sent from my iPhone