[Healeys] Steering Box and Wire Wheel Questions--BJ8

Michael michael.salter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:11:08 MDT 2015

With all due respects to those recommending it for steering boxes grease is not a satisfactory lubricant for any type of precision gearbox.
The reason is very simple.
The pressure on the gear teeth will displace the lubricant from the loaded faces so that lubricant must be a liquid to be replenished.
That is why the designers went to all the trouble of installing a seal.
Michael S
BN1 #174