[Healeys] Thanks to the list

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:22:55 MDT 2015

I have done a modification on the fuel sender of #174 which seems to have
significantly improved its performance.
I concluded that because the current flow for the level indication has to
flow from the float shaft to the body of the sender unit, within which the
arm rotates, some of the "jiggling" of the needle could be attributable to
poor contact between the shaft and the body.
I soldered one end of a loop of wire to the float arm and attached the
other end, using a very small screw, to the body of the sender unit.  Pic
attached.
I have only run the car a coupe of times since I did the modification but
things do seem to be much improved.

Michael S
BN1 #1