[Healeys] Oil again

John Vrugtman javrugtman at htcnet.org
Sat Jun 13 07:07:45 MDT 2015

Michael,You do know, politics and religion are like beauty, all in the
eye of the beholder.Convincing a coal man that a piece of anthracite
coal is ugly is a waste of energy.:-)

How about a more Healey related discussion.I have an engine at a machine
shop for fitting a DW8 cam, which requires valve pockets.DW provided the
specs for them.It requires holes of 1.82 inches in diameter for valves
of 1.5 inches, a third of an inch extra.My machinist asked why such a
large extra amount.DW replied, their spokesman, that's the way we do it
without a rationale.He also said Jeremy was out racing and could not be
consulted at the time.Anybody on the list have a reason for the oversize
relief holes?

John