[Healeys] oil weight

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 07:03:37 MDT 2015

At our local club meeting last nite we had a discussion on motor oil. I had been using Castrol Syntec 20W-50 but I learned that they no longer offer that. They now offer Edge (formally Syntec) in 5W-50, 10W-40 & several other weights, but no 20W-50. Several of our club members are using the 5W-50.  Keeping in mind that we seldom drive in weather below 40 degrees F. What are your thoughts on using 5W-50? What weight oil do you recommend?

All of the above oils contain the zinc additive for classic cars. Also, Valvoline offers their VR-1 in a 20W-50 with the zinc additive.

Gary