[Healeys] lucas 576 fog light wiring

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 07:53:07 MDT 2015

Mitch,

IMO the best way is to always make your modification look as though it
came from the factory that way.  Get the proper color wire from a place
like British Wiring, in fact, get all that you need from them, to
combine the shipping costs.  Or if you are within driving distance, stop
by.  But call and place your order to make sure they have all you need.
You can get harness cover from them too, either vinyl tubing or black
harness tape, connectors, relay, switch, etc. There is a Lucas color
code for auxiliary lights like that.  Some cars like an MG TD had it as
an optional circuit.  They used red/yellow for the hot wire, and
black/green for ground.  Here is a link to Lucas color codes:
http://www.mgexp.com/article/lucas-colours.html.

I know that some have said the mounting on a badge bar allows the lights
to shake a little too much, so maybe you can fabricate something better.

I have a wiring diagram that I made for my MG TD that will help. That is
attached.

Charlie