[Healeys] off topic rechargeable battery query

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 08:37:26 MDT 2015

The mAH is a rating of how much current the battery can supply for how long:

'milli Amp Hour'

Get the highest rated you can find/afford; though the rating on the
Chinese knock-offs--I think most of them are--seems to be overstated.
The load--how much current will be used--is determined by the circuit on
the phone.

The statement on the charger makes no sense; applying 6V to a 1.5V
battery would cook it in short order (putting 48V on a car battery would
boil the electrolyte; creating a major mess and possibly an explosion).
I suspect it's a nominal rating; i.e. it will put out 150mAH at 6v, but
only needs about, oh, 2V or less to charge the batteries and would
supply 450mAH at that voltage.

E (voltage) = I (current) * R (resistance).  Plug in any 2 known
values--and use a little algebra if necessary--and you'll get the third.

Bob