[Healeys] rebuilt HD8s

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 17:36:04 MDT 2015

Almost certainly a leak at the servo. When you apply brakes, a small slave cylinder in the servo moves a valve which gates atmospheric pressure into the outer part of the large air/vacuum piston (vacuum is held on both sides when brakes are not being applied). If this valve is not sealing completely it could allow atmospheric pressure air into the manifold (there is a check valve on the servo to prevent this and hold some vacuum in the event of engine failure at speed, but it could leak, too).

Now that you've done the carbs, it's on to the servo! ;)

Bob