[Healeys] MGB GT V8

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:55:02 MDT 2015

Hi Simon,
I have an original spec sheet for the MGB GT V8. which lists the width as
59.94" (152.54cm.)
A Healey 3000 is listed as 60.5" so you will have an extra 0.56" of
clearance..:-)
The engine is listed as 137 BHP and the weight as 2427 lb (1101kg)
An MGBGT of the same year weighed 2260 lb (1025 kg) and the horsepower was
listed as 95 BHP so the car gained 167 lb and 42 BHP.
I always lusted after one but after test driving a new one I decided to
stick with my MGBGT...is seemed a little more nimble somehow.
I still have the BGT although I haven't driven it for almost 40 years.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*