[Healeys] Correct way to fit flexible brake lines to BT7

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 15 04:02:06 MDT 2015

Phil,

I think a copper washer is only used where the flexible line attaches to
the brass tee on the rear axle.  Attach that line to the tee first and
then to the hard brake line.

For the front brake hoses, I do attach the flexible line to the chassis
first as it has to index into the fitting.  Then attach to the bracket
on the brake, without twisting the line.  Use a lock washer underneath
the (half) nut at each end.  Then attach the hard lines.

If you're doing the flexible line for the clutch, a copper washer is
used at the slave cylinder and a lock washer on the other end.

Note that the threaded ends of the lines for the clutch and rear axle
may be different.  The shorter end goes into the tee/cylinder.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php