[Healeys] Timing HELP needed

Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 10:14:34 MDT 2015

On my BJ8 the mark on the pulley was hard to see. I turned the engine (not started) until I saw it and marked it with white chalk.  Loosen the clamp that holds the distributor.

The engine should start at TDC. Let it warm up and set idle at 800 rpm or so. With my Pertronics I first set the timing by ear. When I got it set at a point where it ran well, I tightened the clamp. I checked the timing with a gun. The setting was 20 degrees BTDC. The book calls for 15 degrees but the timing with Pertronics is a little different.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

Sent from my iPhone