[Healeys] Dog leg repair

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 11:36:53 MST 2015

Hi Ira,
Cutting the wire is an absolute no-no in the panel restoration business
because a continuous wire is required to maintain the strength of the
rolled edge at the join.
Without the continuous wire you end up with a weak spot in the rolled edge
which will become a stress point and eventually crack.
The panel can be cut back sufficiently to allow a new piece of wire to be
welded to what remains but it is not that easy to do well in conjunction
with a butt welded panel joint. Certainly not a job for a first year
apprentice!!

Michael S
BN1 #174
*http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*