[Healeys] Looking for a 100/4 restoration project

britfan1 at epix.net britfan1 at epix.net
Thu Jan 29 18:14:17 MST 2015

Are the mounting pegs on the “Austin of England” boot-lid badges a different distance apart than the “Austin-Healey” badges?  My BN1, which left the line on Nov. 25, 1954, had the “Austin of England” badge on it when I bought it.  Paint stripping showed that the car had at least 3 different colors of paint on it (and pounds of bondo, plus pop-riveted patch panels on the rear fender doglegs!) but there were only 2 holes in the boot lid where the emblem was.

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA