[Healeys] More old maxims

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Jan 28 14:06:30 MST 2015

G'day

I was wondering how the subject moved from Austin-Healeys to old machine
guns.

The Maxim gun was invented in 1883 by Sir Hiram Stevens Maxim and was the
first recoil-operated machine gun. It was used throughout Europe and prior
to WW1 by the US forces.

After many redesigns it was known as the Vickers machine gun and I remember
using one in the late 1960s.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Ostraya