[Healeys] Drum Brakes

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Tue Jan 27 00:14:01 MST 2015

Hi Bob hope your doing well, ok I can't help but buy into this, are you
people insane? Drum brakes are good? who are we kidding. For a start
modern trucks are moving to disc brakes however the technology is still
developing and maintenance costs are high which is a big factor in the
trucking industry. If you enjoy ending up sideways during emergency
braking sure stick to drums, and if you enjoy the thrill of brake fade
once again go for it. Disc brakes outperform drum in virtually every
sense, which is why modern cars use them all round these days. Sure if
your into originality stick with your drum brakes but lets not pretend
they can compete with a modern disc brake system .
That is my 2 cents worth
Cheers
Larry Varley