[Healeys] Rear axle gasket question

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:33:02 MST 2015

Dampness??
At the rear axle oil seal?
Only if you never drive it Kees.
Ask anyone who has ever given a Healey a hard time, and I can almost guarantee that the rear diff to axle  seal isn't the standard rubber one.
The gasket isn't the issue. The standard seal fails under the heat.
I use a CR seal. I'll look up the number tomorrow.
There are brake temps, axle oil temps - more than enough temperature to dry out a paper gasket.
Seriously.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone