[Healeys] 100 Data Plates - Photos

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 15:13:43 MST 2015

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this  subject.  I now clearly
understand exactly what a  LHD 1953 BN1 should  have. I am missing the Body I.D.
plate which mounts on the firewall & the  Chassis I.D. plate that mounts on
the RH frame rail  in front of the  passenger foot well. Yes, I have the
other two data plates.

Gary,
    Here's my Body I.D. plate. As you can see, it's  rather crude and just
seems to be cut from a roll of metal, stamped and screwed  in place on the
firewall.

2  3/4" X 1"

Here's the Chassis  Number plate with starter and oil filter in the way.
It's much more  professionally made with round ends and riveted to the frame
rail.  As best as I can measure it, it seems to be 3" X 3/4". Maybe someone
else can post a better  photo.

I hope this helps you with your car.
Steven Kingsbury

The Body ID plate should be simple to reproduce, assuming I can find
someone with the correct size & shape dies to stamp my body number on  it. I do
know the correct dimensions of the plate.

The Chassis ID plate will need the correct markings printed onto it.  Is
there anyone offering a reproduction of this plate? If not can someone
provide the exact overall length & width of this plate? I cannot be the  first
person to need one of these. What have others done?

Thanks,
Gary Hodson