[Healeys] 1968 AUSTIN-HEALEY 3000 MK III BJ8 ROADSTER

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 18:46:52 MST 2015

One BJ8 (the last) was built in 1968 (March).  However, the U.S. custom is to observe a "new model year" that begins in September.  So, many cars that were built in 1967 (and some that were built earlier than '67) were advertised and sold in the USA as "new '68s", especially those that arrived in the country just prior to September 1967 or sat around unsold until the "new model year" arrived.
The "year" of a Healey has no real significance since the cars weren't built by model year.  Most of the rest of the world except the USA considers the "year" to be the actual calendar year in which the car was built.  I have many cars in the registry that were one year in the USA suddenly become another year when they show up overseas.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large