[Healeys] Made In China

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 22:01:26 MST 2015

Just received a new adjustable seat rail for our BN2 that I'd ordered from Moss.  First thing I checked for was 'Made in
the UK' or 'Made in England' or 'Made in GB' or 'Made in Blighty' or similar on the wrapper.  To my chagrin, I found
'Made in China;' however, the part appears to be very high quality.  Even the welding appeared to be by TIG, which isn't
necessarily superior to MIG or gas, but if done right is prettier.

Nothing earthshaking; I'm probably not the only person who has lambasted Chinese quality, so when something surprises to
the upside I figure it's worth noting.  I suspect this part may have been used on a lot of Austin/BMC cars so it was
worth doing a sizable production run.

Now lets hope it fits.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net