[Healeys] Ring gear not fully seated in flywheel

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:45:25 MST 2015

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a 6 cylinder Healey flywheel ring gear  that was not fully seated onto the flywheel. I discovered just such a situation with a flywheel from a motor that had little over 5,000 miles on it. There is a bit more than 1/8th inch gap. The ring gear was rubbing on the top 2 rear engine plate mounting bolts. It was definitely a noise maker.  I suspect that is why the engine came out of the car at such low mileage.

 Richard Mayor