[Healeys] island travel

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Thu Jan 15 17:08:04 MST 2015

G’day

It would be interesting to find out the non-mainstream places where Austin-Healeys were originally sold.

I know of two 3000 Mk1s that were sold new in Fiji and Tahiti and a BJ7 and a BJ8 that were sold new in New Guinea. Then there was the 100M that went to Morocco and someone in Madagascar who took delivery of a new 100S.

I have often pondered on the number of cars that were sent to India. I know of two Warwick built Healeys that are there.

At some stage there must have been quite a few in the Bahamas as you just have to look at the history of the Speed Weeks racing meetings as there were races specifically for Austin-Healeys and the man and his wife behind the races (Sir Sydney and Lady Greta Oakes) both had Austin-Healeys. DMH used to stay with them during the event.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia