[Healeys] torque wrench

Mike phoenix722 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 09:05:37 MST 2015

Brings to mind two experiences.  When I worked in aircraft, fasteners
were as small as possible, as weight was a primary concern.  When I
worked for a heavy machinery manufacturer, we learned the hard way that
some mechanics used the "as tight as I can" method.  As a result, we
never used less than 3/8 inch bolts, even if less would do.  They would
torque the heads right off of anything less.  Also, since the equipment
was used in 24/7 continuous process systems, one component out of
commission could shut down the entire line.  Accountants don't like that.

Mike
Seattle