[Healeys] torque wrench

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Wed Jan 14 23:14:37 MST 2015

Roger Menadue, the chief mechanic at Warwick, never used a torque wrench, as he once told me when I met him. You should feel it in your hands he said, otherwise you are not a good mechanic.
 When fixing a drive shaft nut on a Mini its best you knock it on as long till your socket breaks, was another of his advices. These times are gone and I am lucky to find reasonably priced Hazet, Belzer or Gedore torque wreches here in Germany which do the job longer than I live.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----