[Healeys] torque wrench

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jan 14 23:09:35 MST 2015

In all honesty, when working on steel, cast iron machinery a proper
engineer would not really need a torque wrench. The size/length of the
(open or ring) spanner makes it fairly easy to apply the more or less
correct torque but you have to have the proper "feel" as a good engineer
should have. You will be surprised about the consistency after a bit of
practice. But a ham fisted guy would destroy anything.
If working with alloy parts a bit more accuracy/delicacy is wanted for
the high stress parts like a cylinder head.
Kees Oudesluijs