[Healeys] engine and piston question

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:38:31 MST 2015

As others have mentioned, you have a 3000 engine. Earlier 100-Sixes had IC
engines later ones had 26Ds. Personally I would keep the 3000 and rebuild
that. Exchange the pistons for the correct ones. This upgrade happened to a
lot of 100-Sixes, the alternative was to bore out the 2600 to 3000 but this
is always a risk as the design of the blocks is not the same and the bored
engine will not take heavy stress.

Derek