[Healeys] engine and piston question

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:31:21 MST 2015

Hi Bud,
A 29F engine is from a 3000 MkII around 1962.
The bores are 3.281" whereas the original engine for your car had a bore of
3.125".
It is very likely that the carbs and manifolds from the 100/6 were used
because a 29F engine had 3 carbs requiring different manifolds, throttle
linkage and various other details.
Depending upon how accurately you want to restore the car you could leave
that block in or try to find an original 100/6 block.
You really have to know your Healeys to be able to tell the difference
externally.
If that degree of accuracy is not required I would suggest that you rebuild
the 3000 engine and use it.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*