[Healeys] Ducting

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Jan 7 13:44:35 MST 2015

I found Joe's letter from Geoff Healey to be very interesting - especially
as it validates my concerns about hot air recirculation. Thanks to Ron
Keysor for sending me the letter.

I started out with a bilge blower on my fresh air duct - noticed the air was
considerably hotter than ambient - in the summer it was like another heater
duct.

Started by building a couple of small baffles to move the air intake forward
to the grille. Once the grille was off and radiator out, decided what the
heck, why not build complete baffles to prevent hot air from recirculating
forward.

My air control project:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol

--