[Healeys] Water Pump

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Sat Feb 28 15:15:06 MST 2015

I have identified that my BJ8 water pump is noisy.
First thought that it was the fan (bad at certain RPM) but after removing the belt it squeaks when rotated.
Looking at my drivers handbook, a lube point is shown.
However mine does not have one, only a small rectangular hole at the top and bottom that I think is for removing the bearing retaining clip....?
Noise sounds to me like a dry bearing. Is there any way to lubricate it in situ ??
There is no lateral or longitudinal bearing play and the pump is supposedly quite new per PO but not been used much.
Any ideas ? –or do I just bite the bullet and pull it and get a replacement; I note bearings are over 70% of cost of complete pump.
rg