[Healeys] Sprite Mk1 Price Details

Robert Hughes rdhughes at q.com
Thu Feb 19 00:48:27 MST 2015

Hi Patrick,
     The $1795.00 price shown in magazine advertisements was POE (Port
of Entry).  When I bought
my Sprite (new) in 1960 in California, the base price was $1830.00,
presumably transportation
cost added in.
         Added accessories were:
             Heater                    $60.00
             Tachometer          $30.00
             W/Washers           $15.00
             Tonneau                 $25.00
             Sliding windows    $20.00
             Guards (bumper)   $30.00
             Sales tax                 $60.30
             License Fee 1960  $24.00
             Total                        $2094.30

I just read this off the original invoice -- yes, I still have it, as
well as the Sprite.
Present value?  Don't know...

Robert Hughes
1965 BJ8