[Healeys] Carroll Shelby Goes Racing With Ford and with Austin Healeys

J Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 16 05:25:11 MST 2015

Blokes friends in the Sydney based AH Owners Club sent me the following link
thinking it was of general interest and featured Carroll Shelby and his
Cobras and Ford etc.
But at 13min & 52sec and 14min & 15 sec you can see the Donald Healey Motor
Company entered blue and white BJ.8   3000  DAC953C  driven by Aussie Paul
Hawkins and UK Touring car Champion Warwick Banks that I have had the
pleasure of owning since 1977 ( came from Idaho ) This is the last entered
lightweight racing 3000 .It has a HEALEY chassis plate , model designation
---  G.T.
Also at 14 min you see the works streamliner Sprite DAC952C the first of
this shape and now displayed in the Healey Museum Holland. For a full
outline of these Sprites go to Martin Ingall's excellent site devoted to
'Sebring Sprites'    www.sebringsprite.com

The weather and rain at Sebring in 1965 was so bad that at one time during
the 'flood' the BMC cars were setting fastest laps!!!! ----  For the
conditions.

Really cool old footage from back in the day

To: STL Bench Racing <stlbenchracing at googlegroups.com>.com Carroll Shelby
Goes Racing With Ford

--
--